OF THE POLITICAL PARTY
The deep crisis in Greece has led to a great economic, social and moral disaster. The establishment that brought us here can not reverse the fall. Social cohesion structures have collapsed, while basic services and state benefits to the citizens, which were assumed to be given, have ceased to exist. It is enough, it does not go any further. That is why we, citizens from different regions of the country, different professions, social classes and ages, are taking our fortunes in our hands to put an end to the continuing collapse. We are setting up a genuinely new political movement to defend Greece’s creation and production, “Democratic Responsibility”.
Populism destroyed the Greek people. Statehood destroyed the Greek state. Demagogy and partisans have destroyed the Hellenic Republic. Individualism has become a dominant ideology of the time either overt or covert. These pathogens led a part of the people to confuse falsehood in hope. We believe in optimism the difficult one, in the hope that is built with hard work and method, with determination and perseverance, with faith and vision, a hardcore, solid foundation of moral values and leading to growth and creation. We rely on our timeless values to get everything from the beginning: Dignity for all and especially the weakest. Rating for fair reward of the worthy. Equality everywhere and for everyone.
There is a need for a new state, a new administration, a new institutional organization of the Greek State. With institutional changes to the Constitution. With new political, economic and social institutions. We invite you to create from the outset a civil servant, a servant and a citizen’s protector. To create a new administration that does not serve itself and its privileges but to govern the development of the country.
Democracy, as a constitution, presupposes the self-consciousness of the people as a whole and of every citizen individually. It presupposes citizens, who will be mature enough to advance the common good from their own individual. No solution is to be found, no progress will be achieved if we have the people in the limelight of deceit, deception, blackout. The people are overtaken by the various demagogues and populists who identify the country’s own interest with their own. The concept of democracy for us is sacred and non-negotiable. However, today, more than ever, we must combine, as a prerequisite, as a condition of our country’s survival, with a new perception. An understanding that the citizen essentially resigns from the role of the co-creator of the future of his own country and his own. An understanding that the citizen assumes his responsibility as a person and as part of the whole. It is more necessary than ever before to propose the concept of responsibility of the individual towards the whole and the whole towards the individual, the citizen towards society and his country and society and the country towards every citizen. It is the time of responsibility for all of us. It is the time of Democratic Responsibility.
ESTABLISHMENT – VALUES
The political party established on 30 April 2016 is called “DEMOCRACY RESPONSIBILITY”.
Headquarters – Emblem
- The seat of “Democratic Responsibility” is in Athens. It operates throughout the Greek territory and in every country abroad where Greeks live and work.
- The emblem of the party is the words “Democratic Responsibility” written in capital letters and placed one under the other in a rectangle of parallelogram frame, the sides of which are the three rectangular shapes and the one of the trapezium. The letters are blue, while the rectangular frame has its left and top sides in a light blue color, deep blue in color and its right side red, while at the point of its intersection with the underside (length ) the color becomes orange and a square is formed there. The right side ends in a “nose” in such a way that its shape is eventually a rectangular trapeze.
- All structures and networks of Democratic Responsibility use the party emblem. By way of exception, the Youth Democracy Network can adopt and use its own emblem after approval by the General Council.
- Political choices and party policy are formulated within the framework of the principles, decisions of the Congresses and its constituent bodies.
- Political and democratic consultation is a permanent and lasting element in the formulation and implementation of government policy.
- “Democratic Responsibility” is a political party, made up of registered network members and operates democratically in the framework of the Greek Constitution and the laws.
- It strives for the defense and progress of our country, Greece, for the preservation of its cultural heritage, as well as for the prosperity, education and progress of its inhabitants.
- It embraces the values of democracy, freedom, equality, justice, solidarity and strives for the defense of human rights throughout the world.
- He is firmly committed to the values and vision of the unification of Europe, based on the humanistic tradition of the Enlightenment, by promoting the active participation of our country in the institutions that embody European economic and political integration.
- It fully respects the diversity of people and the right of each person to self-define.
- It strives to alleviate social inequalities and create equal opportunities for individual prosperity and social recognition.
- It strives for physical and cultural sustainability, respecting the priorities of economic development and technological progress.
- The Party operates through democratic processes and transparency at all levels of its organization and operation.
- It condemns the expression of will and the effective participation of its members, building on institutions of direct and indirect democracy and constant consultation on its institutions and procedures.
- It is genuine collective, participative, democratic. It is not a personal or leadership party.
- It recognizes and respects the diversity of cultural pluralism and political views as an essential element of its internal party function.
- Ensures transparent means of funding to prevent lobbying in the formation of positions and the emergence of political leadership.
- It promotes transparency and rotation in upper party institutions and institutional roles by establishing three mandates in all its institutions.
- It establishes incompatibility between party positions and seats of candidate MPs, as well as positions of deputies and ministers in the logic of the distinction between functions and powers respectively.
- He participates in European and international agglomerations of political parties that are in line with his values and principles of operation.
Representation of members
- The representation of Members in conferences, conferences and other collective proceedings is in proportion to the number of members of local networks, in case of delegated procedures.
- Ensure the highest possible representation of the regions in the country.
- The election of all organs and delegates is secret.
- Each Member who attends conferences or meetings has only one vote.
- For the election of delegates and members of the General Council and the Executive Council the number of crosses of preference may not exceed 20% of the positions to be elected.
- Replacement of the members of all Party organs is made by the runners-up, according to their order of ranking.
- The elections for the appointment of the organs and representatives for the proceedings of the Party are made with uniform principles and are regulated by the relevant Rules of Procedure.
- Members may include Greek citizens as well as citizens and nationals of other countries legally residing in Greece or Greeks of the Diaspora or temporarily residing abroad and who are permanent residents or have a residence permit for an indefinite period or who have the right to be included in the electoral roll for the European elections or municipal elections. The registration is made by signing and accepting the Founding Declaration titled “Invitation”, of this Statute as well as the acceptance of their registration in the register of members of the Party network.
- Membership of the Party Network can also be made via the Internet. The registration is individual and is valid from the age of sixteen.
- Members who are members – are registered members – in other political parties in Greece are not registered in the register of members of the Party Network. Membership loses any member who enters other political parties or accepts a public office in the hard core of the governmental structure through which another party’s government policy is exercised.
- Each member participates in a single local network.
- Each member can participate in more than one Policy Area depending on his / her experience, knowledge and interests. However, a decision by the Executive Board may set a ceiling on the number of policy areas that a member may be involved in.
- Members and Friends of Democratic Responsibility up to the age of 35 can participate in the Youth Network, without being excluded in any way from their parallel and equal participation and activation in the Local Networks and Policy Areas.
- Members and friends of Democratic Responsibility can participate in the Policy Areas, which is the party structure responsible for the elaboration of a political program and the formulation of positions and proposals. Under conditions in the Policy Areas, people of recognized standing or experience and without being members or friends of Democratic Responsibility may also participate or cooperate.
- Operating Regulations define the structure, organization, operation and responsibilities of the Policy Areas.
- In order to adopt the proposals of the Policy Areas as positions of the Democratic Responsibility, the final approval by a political body, the Executive Council unless otherwise specified. These decisions are subject to the control of the General Council.
- Indicatively, the activities of the Policy Areas and their participants include:
* Formal policy-making proposals for individual policy areas. Presidential Texts.
* Communicate management and visibility of positions, in coordination with the party’s communication team. Editing appropriate selected messages, communicating our positions.
* Announcements-interventions for selected topical policy issues.
* Organization of thematic events. Participation and representation in events-debates of other institutions.
* Organization of meetings with elected bodies and representatives of professional, scientific associations and unions, after approval by the Executive Board, and participation in the relevant scales.
* Welcome our members’ opinions and comments and dialogue with them.
* Define and train representatives of Democratic Responsibility for interventions and participation in discussions of thematic interest in the media or in the public debate in general.
* Intervention and cooperation with the party leaders, in relation to the way and the content that publicly reflect the political positions of ΔΗΜ.E.
* Gain up-to-date knowledge. Creation of a database of studies, expert opinions, proposals from professional bodies.
* Information on the positions of other parties, movements of citizens and other social and professional bodies.
* Updating and harnessing experience and examples from other countries or international organizations.
* Monitor and interfere with government developments and the country’s adjustment program (memoranda, etc.).
* Attract and involve new members to continuously enhance the potential of the group of sectors.
Rights-obligations of members
- Members of the Party Network have the right to:
- They participate in the election of all organs at each level.
- They participate in shaping the Party’s policy.
- They participate in the discussion and drafting of the political proposals of the Party and in their implementation.
- They are fully informed to ensure conscious participation.
- They apply for all offices at all levels and subscribe to the candidatures for direct election by all members.
- They sign candidatures for positions in institutions.
- They are candidates for all Party organs.
- They appeal to the Statute Committee when they consider that this statute is being violated.
- Members have the following obligations:
- The political attitude of members is in line with the values and principles inspired by the Party.
- They are committed to compliance with the Statute and the decisions of the institutions and are inspected for any violation.
- They fulfill their financial obligations and contribute to the achievement of their economic objectives.
- Members may be obliged to lose their status only in accordance with the procedures of the Rules of Procedure and Article 17 of this Statute, in case they act in violation of the Articles of Association, the Regulations of Operation and after being disciplined by the Commission Observance of the Statute. In the event of a final member’s suspension, the member can only be reinstated after two years after the sentence has been imposed.
- In the event of a disciplinary offense and depending on the severity of the offense attributed to him, a previous hearing may be imposed and a justification, except for the penalty of the definitive withdrawal of party status leading to the loss of membership , either observation or temporary or permanent withdrawal of party status.
- The prosecution of specific offenses, to be determined in advance by the Compliance Committee, may result in the suspension of membership, the conviction by a court and the permanent loss of membership.
Organizations – Networks
- Networks are organizational units through which members participate in the life of the Party in accordance with the provisions of these Statutes and the Rules of Procedure.
- Local networks are divided into Municipal, Prefectural and Regional. The conditions for the establishment, operation and geographical coverage of each local area network are specified in the relevant Operating Regulations.
- The Permanent Congress is the supreme body of the Party. It decides on the whole policy within its principles, values and objectives. It controls all its organs and has the sole competence to revise the Statute.
- The Permanent Congress renews its composition every four (4) years. It is mandatory to be convened by the party chairman upon a recommendation by the General Council regularly every 4 years and at an extraordinary session whenever necessary.
- At the Congress they participate with the right to speak, to vote and to stand for election:
- Members elected as participants and representing all of the Party’s networks. The process of election of representatives in the Congress is regulated by a Regulation of Operation.
- MEPs and MEPs.
- The Congress has a quorum when at least half of its accredited members are present.
- The Congress elects the General Council and the President of the Party.
Convening a Standing Conference and preparing for work
- The Ordinary Standing Conference shall be announced on a regular date by decision of the Chairman of the party, upon recommendation of the General Council, at least three (3) months prior to the General Council’s deliberation. The Chairman shall determine the issues to be discussed, always taking into account the suggestions of the General Council and the proposals of the Regional Networking Groups selected by the Executive or the General Council
- The pre-conference dialogue is open to the public and is conducted across all Networks.
- Votes on the formation of positions and proposals as well as on the appointment of representatives are attended by members.
- Special issues for the organization, conduct, as well as for the process of election of delegates to the Congress, are regulated by a Regulation of Operation.
- The General Council shall be composed of:
- Fifty-two (52) members elected by the Congress.
- Members of the Party in the National and European Parliament, up to half the number of other members.
- Regional coordinators, when they are not already involved in another way.
- The President and the Secretary of the Party or their legal substitutes.
- Those of the non-elected candidates for the post of President and the Registrar, who in the first round of the relevant electoral processes accounted for at least 25% of the valid votes.
- The General Council shall formulate political orientations through decisions and recommendations from the appropriate bodies, either through meetings of the institution or in emergencies through teleconference decisions.
- Replacement of a member of the General Council, which for any reason ceases to be a member, shall be made by the first runner-up.
4.The General Council shall elect the Secretary and the Executive Board.
- The General Council, on a proposal from the Chairman or a proposal of one fifth (1/5) of its members, may decide to set up one or more Committees to process specific proposals within the specified time for either internal functioning the Party (operating regulations) or for the creation of program positions.
- The General Council also elects a five-member Memorandum of Understanding and a five-member Economic Committee.
- It is possible for the General Council to recommend up to two vice-chairpersons of the Party, upon their proposal, to determine their responsibilities and to elect them.
The President of the Party
- He is elected by the Regular Congress.
- His tenure is four years. The elected President of the Party during his term can not be elected to the post of Secretary even if he has previously resigned or otherwise ceased to stand. The same applies to those who replace him as President and until the end of the four-year term. The positions of the President and the Member are incompatible.
- It guarantees the observance of the principles of the Party and its statutes at all levels of the party’s functioning.
- He convenes and determines the agenda of the Permanent Conference both in his Ordinary Session and in the Extraordinary, convened during his four-year term.
- He participates in a jury and presides over the organs of the party, except for the Memorandum of Understanding which has its own chairman.
- The Chairman of the Party in cases where he or she is absent or prevented is temporarily replaced by the Vice-President in the General Council.
- A motion of censure against the President and the cessation thereof may be submitted by
A) 2/5 of the party members with a collection of signatures
B) 2/3 of the members of the General Council
In this case, the proposal is introduced for discussion at the Standing Conference at an extraordinary session convened by the party’s deputy. After a spokesperson of the signatory members speaks and the secret ballot takes place. To accept the motion of censure, a majority of the votes cast is required. If the motion of censure is accepted, the chairman shall automatically cease to act, followed by a vote of no more than 48 hours for the appointment of a new President to which the suspended President cannot stand.
- In the event of the President’s resignation or definitive failure to perform his duties, the President shall in principle be replaced by the Vice-President. By a decision of 2/3 of the members of the General Council, it may be decided whether the replacement will be final or whether the Standing Conference should be convened within three months at an extraordinary session in order to elect a new President.
The Secretary and political leader of the Party
- The Secretary, who is also the political leader of the Party, is elected by the General Council. Any member of the party may be nominated for the post of Secretary, without having to be a member of the General Council.
- The Secretary represents the Party and promotes its positions in Greece and internationally.
- He is in charge of the election campaign and is responsible for the preparation and filing of ballot papers, taking into account the provisions of Article 17, and is the leader of the House of Representatives, exercising the functions and responsibilities laid down in Article 37 of the Constitution.
- Represents the Party before any Judicial and Administrative or other Authority and before any legal or natural person in all its relations and transactions.
- He prepares, together with the President of the party, the recommendations of the items on the agenda of the General Council.
- It appoints rapporteurs on issues and controls the progress of the preparation of the issues.
- It monitors and coordinates the activities of the Committees of the General Council. Prepares the meetings of the Executive Board
- It monitors and monitors the implementation of the decisions of the Executive Board.
- It takes organizational initiatives to develop the Party and disseminate its principles.
- The term of office of the Secretary and political representative is four years. The Secretary may be revoked by a decision of the General Council requiring an absolute majority of the members of the General Council.
Election of the Executive Board
- The General Council in the first after its first session of the Permanent Conference, elects the Executive Council.
- The term of office of the Executive Board is the same as that of the General Council of four years.
- Party governance is exercised by the Executive Council, which operates collectively, decides by majority vote on all party management issues. It is the supreme executive of the Party.
- The Executive Board is 13 members.
- It is made up of nine (11) members, elected by the General Council, the President and the Secretary of the Party.
Selection of Candidate Members / MEPs
Members of parliamentary candidates, MEPs and candidates or groups to support the party in the local government will hold a pre-election election. Elections are held by ballot or electronically, through a procedure defined in the Rules of Procedure. It may be assisted by the Pre-Evaluation Committee at the preliminary stage. Members of the party or any person who demonstrably shares the party’s principles and objectives may be a candidate in the pre-election election for the nomination of candidate MEPs, MEPs and elected representatives of the local government. After the vote, the result of the vote and the lists of candidates for MEPs or MEPs from the Party are confirmed by the General Council.
Only if the elections are launched prematurely and the Executive Board considers that the holding of a preliminary election is not time-consuming, it shall, after consultation with the relevant decentralized bodies, propose to the General Council, which shall decide.
The General Council, on a proposal from the Executive Board, shall decide on the reappointments of the Members in office.
In the event that the party’s electoral partnership strategy creates needs to modify the process in terms of the number or manner of nominating candidates, the internal election process is modified or redefined in the spirit of the above paragraphs and the logic of the open election process by decision of the General Council on a proposal from the Executive Board.
COMPLIANCE WITH STATUTE & ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT
Memorandum of Understanding
- The faithful implementation of the Statute is the primary responsibility and obligation of all members of the Party Networks.
- For the correct application and observance of the Principles of the Statute and Ethics, of the Operating Regulations, as well as of the certification of all procedures, a Committee of the Constitution is elected. The Commission is a five-member and elected by the General Council. The Commission’s term of office is four years.
- The Memorandum of Understanding is responsible for:
a) Any question of interpretation of the provisions of the Articles of Association and the Regulations submitted by members or organs of the Party,
b) The certification of every electoral process conducted in the institutions,
c) The scrutiny of any complaint concerning the members of the organization as a whole, as well as the members of the General Council,
d) Keeping the Members’ Register respecting the protection of personal data.
- The specific issues of operation of the Statutes Committee, as well as the disciplinary control procedure and the details of the Registry are regulated by the Statute of the Statutes.
- Participation in the Compliance Committee creates an incompatibility with any other party body. During their term of office, members of the Compliance Committee are prohibited from nominating any office within the Party.
- The Compliance Committee elects a President. The Compliance Committee is responsible for the enforcement of sanctions resulting from breaches of the Articles of Association in accordance with Article 8 of these Statutes.
Principles of financial management
- The financial management of the Party is governed by the principles of effective control and transparency and in accordance with the law. All revenues and expenses of its Organizations at all levels, as well as relevant reports and audit findings, are published on the Party’s website.
- The financial resources are:
– subscriptions by Members. The amount of the annual subscription shall be determined by the General Council upon the recommendation of the Executive Board,
– the extraordinary contributions of Members, Friends or any citizen supported by the Party,
– State subsidy,
– donations, inheritances and sponsorship,
– receipts from events and activities.
3. The Party Networks contribute to its economic autonomy by actively supporting the initiatives of the five-member Economic Committee and taking initiatives of actions and activities compatible with the law and the principles of the Party.
Financial Audit Committee
- Responsibility for the Party’s finances has a five-member Financial Control Committee, which is obliged to conduct a regular annual audit. The Commission has the right to request information, clarifications and declarations, the provision of which is obligatory for the bodies to which it is addressed.
- The members of the Audit Committee are elected by the General Council. Its President is forbidden to hold any governmental office.
- Every central body of the Party submits, within the first 20 days of each year, a full and reasoned annual financial report and programming to the Financial Control Committee.
- The overall financial performance of the Party is reviewed in a budget and report in a special meeting of the Executive Board on the basis of a relevant report submitted by the Audit Committee. This decision on the budget or the report shall be submitted to the General Council at its next ordinary meeting.
- The Budget and the Financial Report must be fully balanced. Otherwise, the matter will be put to a special meeting of the Executive Committee in order to make decisions after recommendations of the Audit Committee.
Revision-Amendment of the Articles of Association
- Revision of the Statute can only be made by the Party’s Permanent Congress, at a regular or extraordinary Summit.
- A proposal by the General Council is required with an increased majority of two-thirds.
- The Court requires a simple majority of those present for each provision being amended. The vote shall be held separately for each provision to be amended.
Final and Transitional Provisions
- The quorum of the organs requires the presence of half plus one of their members unless otherwise provided by these statutes or individual operating regulations. Decision-making requires an absolute majority of participants in a quorum unless otherwise specified by these statutes or individual operating regulations.2. If the General Council fails to have a quorum in two consecutive meetings, the items on the agenda and the power to decide on them will be transferred to the Executive Board. Especially in pre-election periods, this can be done if it is deemed appropriate by those who attend the meeting of the non-quorum body and then only one attempt to reach a quorum.
- One-third (1/3) of the members of the party or two-thirds (2/3) of the members of the General Council may request the President to convene an Extraordinary Meeting of the Permanent Congress, defining the topics to be discussed others are added according to the usual procedure. However, this procedure cannot require the dismissal of the President, who is subject to the special procedure described in these articles of association.
- In the electoral processes of the party where a cross of preference is required, ballots without any cross are counted as white ballots and added to them. For the calculation of the percentages the white ballots are counted on the valid ballot papers.
- Within six months of the founding of the party, the Executive Council shall vote on the rules of operation provided for in the Statute, which regulations shall also be adopted by the General Council.
- Where the Statute lists terms of office means that each term covers a full term according to the institutional-statutory duration of each institution or body.
- Issues not covered by the statutes and operating regulations are dealt with by decisions of the Executive Board, approved by the General Council.